Course Dates and Registration
- Category: Uncategorised
- Published: Wednesday, 19 March 2014 05:57
- Written by Lisa Hunter-Romanelli
- Hits: 14519
National Course: March 17-19, 2017 in West Palm Beach, Florida
Join the REACH Institute for the Patient-Centered Mental Health in Primary Care (PPP) Mini-Fellowship. This innovative program increases clinicians' comfort with assessing, diagnosing, and treating pediatric mental health concerns. Participants can earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ by completing the mini-fellowship components:
- A dynamic three-day, 15-hour interactive course focused on building skills and confidence in diagnosing and treating pediatric behavioral health problems.
- A six-month, case-based distance-learning program. Learners join 12 bi-monthly, 1 hour group conference calls with national primary care and child/adolescent psychiatry experts to learn how to manage pediatric mental health issues encountered in daily practice.
All participants will receive custom-designed toolkits with guides, assessment instruments, dosing and side effect charts, medication comparison tables, and handouts for patients and parents.
In order to effectively use medications for pediatric behavioral health problems, participants learn to:
- Correctly identify and differentiate among pediatric behavioral health problems such as childhood depression, ADHD, bipolar disorder, anxiety states (including PTSD), oppositional and conduct disorders, and psychosis.
- Effectively manage psychopharmacology: selecting medications, initiating and tapering dosages, monitoring improvements, and identifying and minimizing medication side effects.
- Create and implement a treatment plan by mobilizing existing resources like family members, school personnel, and other professional caregivers.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) Office of Continuing Education and The REACH Institute. The UAMS Office of Continuing Education is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The UAMS Office of Continuing Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 28.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Credits available as follows: Live on-site three day training 16.25; 1 hour group conference calls totaling 12.
Credits available as follows: Live on-site three day training 16.25; 1 hour group conference calls totaling 12.